The mission of the NSCIA-SWC is to assist people who have some degree of paralysis through injury or disease with a goal of returning them to a life of dignity, self-confidence and independence in a community that is all inclusive.
We serve all individuals in Wisconsin by providing opportunities for support to individuals and families members impacted by spinal cord injury or disease. Support can be peer mentoring, support groups, member outings, annual picnic, volunteering at the numerous summertime festivals as well as financial support for those in crisis, scholarships and seed funding grants to find a Cure.
- To provide counseling and advice to newly injured individuals and their families to help them overcome the fears, doubts, and numerous obstacles facing those with spinal cord injuries.
- To provide education and prevention services to the youth in our community to raise awareness of spinal cord injuries and the activities that can lead to SCI.
- To provide services and activities to our members to help build a strong network within our community, and to assist those in need.
- To act as an advocate on behalf of our members to help make sure public places are accessible and they are not discriminated against.
- To provide funding and assistance to research efforts that are striving to find a cure for spinal cord injuries.