Receive the highest quality healthcare in northern Nevada at Renown.
Renown is northern Nevada’s healthcare leader and Reno’s only locally owned, not-for-profit health system. We are an entire network of Reno hospitals, urgent care centers, lab services, x-ray and imaging services, primary care doctors and dozens of medical specialties. We help you live a healthier life, and we’re the experts you go to when you are seriously ill or injured. We have more than 6,000 nurses, doctors and care providers dedicated to your health and well-being every day of the year.
Renown Rehabilitation Hospital
Our healthcare team works compassionately with patients and their families to ensure a safe return back into the community. Renown Rehabilitation Hospital, owned and operated by Renown South Meadows Medical Center, is the region’s only hospital with certification by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and is conveniently located one block east from Renown Regional Medical Center. We are certified for:
• Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program
• Stroke Specialty Program
• Medical Rehabilitation Case Management
Onsite therapy helps patients regain their independence through physical, occupational and speech therapy programs. Our experts help those who are recovering from injuries, stroke, neurological disorders or other trauma.
In addition the addressing pain and physical limitations, our therapists assist in rebuilding the ability to perform activities at home and in the community. The Rehabilitation Hospital has extensive tools to guide patients to higher function and independence, including:
• Transitional Living Apartment, where patients practice navigating a home environment and accomplishing daily living tasks
• Physical therapy gyms, where patients regain movement and function, practice getting in and out of a car and using stairs
• Dining areas, where some patients continue their therapy exercises during mealtimes
• Advanced technology devices to aid therapy progress, including Armeo Power, Ekso Skeleton, Solo-Step, FES RT 300 and Bioness