The Illinois Assistive Technology Program mission is to increase access to and the acquisition of Assistive Technology (AT) devices and services for individuals of all ages with disabilities.
IATP provides AT information and services in the areas of education, employment, community living, and IT/telecommunications. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of all Illinoisans with disabilities and enable them through greater access to assistive technology devices to fully participate in all aspects of life.
IATP provides the following core programs: AT Demonstrations; AT Device Loans; AT State Financing, AT Reutilization. IATP also provides Information and Assistance, Training and Technical Assistance on a variety of AT topics, as well as, collaborates with state agencies and disability organizations statewide to improve and expand policies and practices to include greater access to and funding for AT.
Assistive Technology Demonstration Center
IATP’s assistive technology demonstration center is located at our main office in Springfield, Illinois. The Demonstration Center includes eight rooms filled with assistive devices. Visit IATP’s Demonstration Center for a guided tour of each room or try out devices in an area of interest.
Demonstration Center Areas include:
- Bedroom with hospital bed, lift chair, and Hoyer lift.
- Bathroom with an accessible shower, overhead lift, medicine reminders, dressing and grooming aids.
- Kitchen with accessible cabinets, cooking aids and adapted eating utensils.
- Toy and Sensory Room with adapted toys, ball pit, sensory room ideas and light box.
- Communication Room with low and high tech devices.
- Office Room with accessible keyboards, desks, chairs and software ideas.
- Vision Room with a large selection of video magnifiers, brailed games and hand held magnifiers.
- General aids for daily living, hearing helpers, FM systems and Recreation adaptations.
- Handmade assistive technology such as book holders, cardholders, modified grips, and switches.
- Standing Wheelchair, vehicle modification, and AmTryke.
- And hundreds of other devices.